I’m John Wedding. Thank you for visiting my blog!
After a friend gave me a taste of saving money online by introducing me to EBates and Priceline.com, I started Mighty Bargain Hunter. I’ve published articles at this domain name since 2004 and have been blogging since May, 2005.
I’m a scientist by training but I enjoy discussing money with others, helping other recognize the good deals in life — one bargain at a time. I blog about saving money, finding deals, living frugally, making money, and investing. I also participate in my church’s finance committee, and serve on my local credit union’s Board of Directors.
My parents raised me frugally. I need to look no further than them for great examples of how to handle money properly: how to save it, how to spend it, and how to give it away.
I’m a father in my early 40s with a wonderful wife and a beautiful daughter.
You might be interested in a couple of my most visited posts.
I did a series of furlough posts in 2013 for those affected by sequestration:
- Best. Furlough. Ever.
- Prepare for federal employee furlough with a furlough practice budget
- Here’s a furlough pay calculator
- Plowing through a furlough: The mindset
- Plowing through a furlough: The numbers
- Plowing through a furlough: Do you have to scrimp?
- Plowing through a furlough: Fun (but productive) furlough Fridays
- Plowing through a furlough: Making up the shortage
- Plowing through a furlough: Feeling the pinch